Wednesday, February 28, 2007

One Week on Pomada de la Campana and Ti-Silc

I woke up this Tuesday morning and looked at my face in the bathroom mirror. I felt it was lighter but didn’t want to get too excited as it has only been a week since I started regular usage of the Pomada with Ti-Silc. I didn’t know if it was my early morning imagination but decided not to apply the concealer today before leaving for work. The shade of the melasma seemed bearable and not so straining on my eyes.

Interestingly enough…my colleague, Annie, at the office asked me if I had concealer on today. (I should preface that we have a close and open friendship. She is very aware of my struggles with melasman.) I indicated I didn’t but questioned her if she felt I should wear some concealer. She told me that she felt my melasma was lighter today than on Monday when I was wearing concealer.

A couple hours later, another female colleague, Shirley, stopped me because she wanted me to know that my cheekbones looked lighter today than it did one week ago. (It was last Wednesday when it was my birthday and she ran into me as I was leaving the lady’s bathroom. I recall she made eye contact with me, looked at my cheekbones and immediately dropped her eyes. I knew then she felt bad for me.) She continued to tell me that she remembered when we crossed paths a week ago in the bathroom and apologized if she looked shocked but my cheekbones (as described them) “looked so black from the spots (melasma)”. She continued to say, “Whatever product you are using, it is working.”

I feel good…really good that two women took noticed of the lighter shade of my cheekbones today and it was, in fact, not my imagination this morning when I felt it was lighter.

I am continuing to use it as I had previously indicated: one thin layer in the morning with my Ti-Silc sunblock, another thicker layer when I return home (after a facial wash of Dove soap and water) and a final thick layer before I go to bed (after a facial wash of Dove soap and water). I am uncertain if I need that additional sunblock (Ti-Silc) but I can only reason that it’s not going to hurt because one can never get enough sunblock.

Yesterday, I sent Michelle, a lady I met online, four of the Pomada de la Campana moisturizer. She resides in Switzerland and is unable to purchase those items so I offered to send them to her. I hope to keep in contact with her to exchange and share our progress together. She had asked if the product had any Mercury and I do not see that being listed as the ingredient. With my very limited knowledge of this product, I only know that this product has been through many different Hispanic generations – mothers and grandmothers. These women claim their mothers and grandmothers’ skin was beautiful. With the progress I’ve had thus far, I am hopeful as well.

I still plan on detoxing/flushing my liver and gallbladder. I believe fixing the “problem” externally is not enough. I believe this is internal as well. My menstrual cycles are regular (approximately the 19th or 20th of each month). As I have previously mentioned, I work out 5 times a week – a combination of yoga, cardio, weights and swimming. My menstrual cycles last for a day or maybe two and are very light. My blood pressure usually measures 100/60.

I am leaving for my vacation to Peru shortly and will most likely detox/flush upon my return.

No comments: